Get started with an appliance at a new customer location
Before you can deploy an appliance at a new customer location, you must create a customer account within the x360Recover Licensing Portal.
You can create a new customer account by clicking the User Management link in the License Management left pane menu.
- Each customer account must have one or more locations. (BDR appliances and licenses are assigned to locations). When you are ready to deploy an appliance, please note that it must be assigned to an existing customer location that is not already in use by any other appliance.
Important notes on assigning customer accounts and locations
Only create one account for each customer that you support.
- You can, however, create as many locations as needed for each customer account.
- Each location can be assigned to only one appliance.
- When you deploy a new appliance at a customer site, you will be prompted to assign that appliance to a customer location.
- If you do not see any accounts available when you click the Get Customers button, then you do not have any customer accounts with previously unassigned locations for an appliance. In this instance, you will need to either (a) create a new customer or (b) add a new location to an existing customer account.
Performing a factory reset on a deployed appliance will release the location in the License Portal to be reused by a new appliance
STEP 1. Create a customer
Before you can deploy an appliance at a new customer location, you must create a customer account within the Licensing Portal.
- When you create a customer, you will be prompted to configure a username and password for the account. These credentials are required when logging into any vault to recover data. We recommend recording the username and password. You can optionally share these credentials with the customer if they will be performing self-service restores from an off-site vault.
- Each customer account must be configured with a unique username. You cannot create two customer accounts with the same username within the Licensing Portal.
- If you need to recover a lost password, click the Change Password button to reset the password. Please note that if the customer password changes in the Licensing Portal, it must also be changed on the appliance within the Settings page (Licensing subtab)
1. From the License Management left pane menu, click to expand User Management and then select Users.
2. Click the Add User button. The Customer Details window displays.
3. In the Customer Details window, update the following fields:
- In the Customer Username field, enter the username for the new customer. This field only accepts letters, numbers, and underscore characters. You cannot add spaces or other special characters.
- In the Customer Company Name field, enter the name of the company.
- In the Customer Password field, enter a complex password. You must confirm this password in the Customer Confirm Password field.
- In the Customer Email Address field, enter an email address for the customer.
- In the Locations field, enter one or more locations for the customer. Separate each location with a comma. This field only accepts letters, numbers, and underscore characters. You cannot add spaces or other special characters.