NOTE: MFA is required in the x360Portal as of 10.31.20
Although using multi-factor authentication (MFA) was previously optional in the x360Portal, we believe that MFA is critical to ensure the security of your client data, given the increasing number of threats within the technology space.
After October 31st 2020, MFA login to the x360Portal is mandatory.
If you fail to setup MFA before October 31, 2020, you will not be able to log in or access the x360Portal until you follow the setup wizard on your next login.
|Important note: You cannot reset MFA for your own account. Only another x360Portal administrator for your company can reset your MFA. Please designate two or more x360Portal administrators to ensure that you do not get locked out of your x360Portal accounts. If you are only able to designate one x360Portal administrator and you should get locked out or need assistance, please contact Support.|
After your MFA has been enabled and configured, access to your account will require the input of a 6-digit temporary one-time password for every login.
How do I set up MFA on my x360Portal?
1. Login to the Axcient x360Portal.
2. On your reseller portal Dashboard, navigate to Account Settings from the upper-right user menu (under your account name).
3. Once inside your account, find the Manage Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) toggle.
How do I select an authorization method?
4. You will be prompted to select a method:
- You can choose to authenticate using an app
- You can choose to authenticate using a SMS text message via your phone
Authenticate with app
Authenticating with an app is the most secure method.
You can download and use the authentication app of your choice. We support all common two-factor authentication apps including Google Authenticator, Authenticator (for iOS), Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator and Authy 2-Factor Authentication.
If you select this method, you will be prompted to download the app of your choice and then click Next to continue.
You will then be shown a QR code:
Open your chosen authentication app on your smart device and scan the QR code you now see to create the new account.
Alternative method: If you prefer not to scan the QR code, you can opt to use a secret key instead. Click the Unable to scan? Click here to use a secret key instead link to manually input a 16-digit key code.
Click Next to continue.
You will now be asked to enter the 6-digit code from your authentication app. This will verify that the new account has been set up properly.
Enter the 6-digit code from your authentication app into the provided box and click Next to continue.
Authenticate with SMS
Connect your phone number and receive a text (SMS) message with your MFA code. Individual messaging rates may apply.
If you select this method, you will be prompted to enter the number you wish to use:
Confirm that MFA is enabled
5. After you have chosen a method of authentication and successfully implemented your choice, you will notice that the MFA toggle has now turned green and is set to MFA enabled.
You will also see confirmation of the authentication method you have selected.
(In this example, the selected MFA Method is Authenticator App)
How does an organization Administrator reset MFA for a user?
|Important note: You cannot reset MFA for your own user account. Only another x360Portal administrator for your company can reset your MFA. Please designate two or more x360Portal administrators to ensure that you do not get locked out of your x360Portal accounts. If you are only able to designate one x360Portal administrator and you should get locked out or need assistance, please contact Support.|
To reset MFA in the x360Portal for any user other than yourself:
1. Click the Users tab on the organization dashboard.
2. When the Edit User screen opens, locate the Reset Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) section.
3. Click the link which says If you need to reset MFA for this user click here.
4. Click the link and after the confirmation message appears, click the orange Accept button to reset the MFA for that user.