x360Recover Agent Release Information
Targeted release for Dec 2020
x360Recover Agent 2.27 is a feature release. The primary focus of this release is to provide support for bandwidth throttling and to enable the conversion of existing appliance-based agent installations to Direct-to-Cloud mode.
Summary of Enhancements
- Network bandwidth throttling
- Support for converting existing agent installations to Direct-to-Cloud mode
- Enhancement to retry Disk IO errors and automatically exclude previously marked bad clusters
- Added command-line option to pass D2C installation token for easier RMM deployments
Summary of Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug collecting partition table information when invalid characters exist in GPT headers
- Implemented alternative method to detect GPT disks and volumes as failback option
- Fixed agent crash if GPT headers are indicated in invalid / non-existent cluster addresses
- Fixed agent issue with handle leaks and insufficient desktop heap allocation memory
- Fixed issue where sector size query succeeds but returns 0 bytes
- Fixed issues with volume tracking markers being created for unprotected or read-only volumes
- Fixed issues with agent not releasing unnecessary VSS snapshots if backups complete with errors
Summary of bandwidth throttling
By far, the most requested feature enhancement for Direct-to-Cloud support has been a way to limit the bandwidth of the agent.
Agent 2.27 now supports a new configuration file option NETWORK_MBPS=xx.x.
Adding this setting to the agent configuration file (aristos.cfg) will limit the total network upload speed of the agent during backups. Fractional values in megabits per second are supported. (i.e. NETWORK_MBPS=1.5 etc.)
For complete details on configuring and using the new bandwidth throttling feature, see this KB article.
Summary of Direct-to-Cloud conversion
Agent 2.27 now supports converting an existing protected system from local appliance BDR mode to Direct to Cloud mode. This includes the ability to attach to and retain the existing snapshot data and history on the vault previously replicated by the appliance BDR.
For complete details on converting modes between appliance and Direct-to-Cloud, see this KB Article.
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.