This article describes outbound firewall ports and public NAT mappings required by x360Recover.
Note: Best practice calls for a hardware firewall between the internet and any device that requires inbound connections. Axcient vaults and portals should always be behind a hardware firewall, with inbound connections limited to the necessary ports listed below.
- We recommend enabling lockdown mode from x360Recover Manager for all devices to improve security and enable multi-factor authentication
- No inbound ports from the internet need to be opened at a customer location for appliances.
- Appliances connect to the cloud and establish secure tunnel services for remote access via Management Portal (Legacy) or x360Recover Manager.
For details on securing inbound communications, refer to this article.
Requirements for firewall ports (outbound):
The x360Recover Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) agent requires the following firewall ports to be open for outbound communications on the internet:
|TCP 80 (http)|
|TCP 443 (https)|
|TCP 9079 (Endpoint Manager)|
|TCP 9082 (Cloudserver)|
|TCP 9083 (Disaster Recovery Access Layer - DRAL )|
|TCP 9090 (Backup Manager)|
|TCP/UDP 10000 - 11024 (FTPS PASV - for FTP recovery from vault)|
Note: the list of IP addresses within our datacenter to which the agent must communicate is dynamic and subject to change
x360Recover Recovery Center requires the following ports to be open:
- TCP/443 (https) to the vault (or appliance) holding the data to be recovered
- TCP/443 (https) to api.axcient.net
- TCP/9083 (Disaster Recovery Access Layer [DRAL]) to the Axcient Scale-Out Cloud storage node
- Please refer to Axcient Cloud IP addresses and application port ranges
All x360Recover devices must be able to communicate with the following destinations and ports:
| Distributed Tunnel Service
Cloud Key Management Services
The x360Recover telemetry service utilizes a highly-dispersed cloud data provider with a large list of volatile IP addresses. A list of the current IP addresses in use can be found here
Ubuntu Package Mirror
In addition to the common requirements for appliances and vaults detailed at the top of this article , the x360Recover appliance requires the following ports and destinations to be accessible:
In addition to the common requirements list at the top of this article, the vault requires the following ports and destinations to be accessible:For details on in-bound ports, please refer to Firewall ports (inbound)
Management Portal requirements
Most partners use an Axcient-hosted management portal, in which case all network security is fully managed by the Axcient cloud engineering team.
If you are self-hosting your management portal, please refer to the following when configuring your firewall rules:
The Management Portal makes no unique outbound connections. (Please take note of the common requirements of all devices described at the beginning of this article.)
For details on in-bound ports, please refer to Firewall ports (inbound)
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.
750 | 1237 | 1295