Notice to Axcient partners:
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic ) early release
The upgrade for existing x360Recover systems to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is ready for release.
Axcient began deploying the update to devices on April 10 2023.
We will be proceeding slowly with the rollout and deployment is expected to take between 30—60 days for all devices to be upgraded.
Note: The installation ISO for new systems has been updated to release version 12.1.0.
Early access testing
The staggered deployment of x360Recover 12.x with the upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic) is in progress.
For early deployment of this release onto one or more of your BDR devices, you may perform a manual upgrade.
Axcient recommends performing a manual upgrade on at least one of your devices to test for any hardware incompatibility or other issues with your BYOD configuration.
How to perform a manual upgrade
To perform a manual upgrade of an existing x360Recover appliance or vault:
1. Login to the physical console or connect via IMPI.
2. Access the console and run the following command:
Note: We do not recommend running this command via a remote ssh connection.
- Performing the initial package upgrade can take 10 to 20 minutes
- The operating system upgrade will occur after the reboot and typically takes 30 to 60 minutes
- After the operating system upgrade is completed, the system will reboot again
- If you perform the upgrade via ssh, and your ssh connection is interrupted, the installation could be left in a broken state.
For questions or assistance, open a ticket with Axcient Support.
For details on the changes in this release, see Release Notes.