August 6, 2020
x360Recover 10.2.3 is a critical hotfix release. The purpose of this release is to address a critical issue affecting most x360Recover devices after the deployment of a broken Ubuntu repository package overnight.
Summary of Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with broken ZFS kernel module drivers after Ubuntu updates released overnight
Critical hotfix for ZFS drivers
August 6 2020
Early this morning, the Axcient team identified an issue with an operating system update that caused the ZFS kernel driver modules to be removed from self-hosted vaults and appliances running x360Recover version 10.x.x. (Devices running 9.x.x and earlier and all Axcient-hosted vaults in the Scale-Out Cloud were not impacted.)
Without ZFS drivers, the storage pool is offline, causing the following issues/symptoms:
- Storage Pool degradation alerts
- New backup snapshot failures (new backups cannot occur)
- Local recovery is unavailable
Additionally, we know the following services remain available:
- Existing/previous backup snapshots on the local appliance are NOT impacted (but are currently inaccessible)
- Cloud vaults hosted in the Axcient cloud are running without impact and can be used for file recoveries or full Cloud DR
The broken packages in our Ubuntu repository have been replaced but corrective actions need to be performed on affected devices. 10.2.3 contains a patch to correct the problem on installation and is being released to all partners today to address this issue.
See the Service Advisory for this event here
Auto Update Best Practices
It is recommended that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices. It is also recommended that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade. This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.