In addition to tracking usage, you can use the Activity Log page to create alerts so that you are notified when these events occur. These alerts help you stay informed of important events that take place within the system.
For example, at the very minimum, it is recommended that you create a few important alerts, including:
- An organization reaches a certain percentage of its quota
- Email server settings have been modified
- A File Server Enablement machine is unreachable
To create activity alerts:
- In the Organization navigation menu, select the organization in which you want to create an activity alert. The selected organization displays.
- Click the Activity tab. The Activity Log page displays.
- In the Activity Log page, click the Alert tab and then click the Create Alert button. The Alerts page displays.
- In the Alerts page, configure alert settings.
- In the Notify field, enter the names of users who should receive the activity alert. The field will populate as you type, based on the characters that you enter.
- In the When drop-down menu, select the action that will trigger the alert.
- In the For field, enter the actor (organization or user) that will trigger the alert, depending on which setting you selected in the When drop-down field.
- In the Via field, enter your preferred method of delivery. Optionally, click the Send Test Message button to test the delivery method.
- Click the Save button when you are finished. The activity alert is now configured.