Search and view Microsoft 365 data
With x360Cloud’s SmartSearch tool, you can quickly perform full-text search operations across all user accounts and connected services to find one or more objects. You can even search historical snapshots and version history. When you find what you’re looking for, you can view documents and emails directly within the x360Cloud browser, without needing to download content or navigate away from the system.
Searching Best Practices
As a best practice, please consider the following when using x360Cloud's SmartSearch tool:
- x360Cloud defines data as objects. Objects include emails, contacts, calendars, calendar events, files, documents, and similar data.
- For fast and reliable searches, enter specific search criteria. This is especially helpful when trying to find text-heavy objects, like emails or documents.
In addition to utilizing the x360Cloud Search toolbar, you can also search using the following filters:
|Filter by User:||This filter will segregate objects by the selected email address.|
|Filter by Collection:||This filter segregates objects by directory.|
|Filter by Type:||This filter will segregate objects by content type (document, email, event, and contact).|
|Filter by Date Range:||This filter allows you to select a specific from and to date range.|
|Filter by Snapshot:||This filter allows you to select a specific snapshot date.|
You can search for x360Cloud objects using the following fields:
Search Syntax Examples
The following search syntax examples can help you quickly narrow your search results:
|You need to find an email with the subject containing the word, application.||subject: application|
|You need to find a file within a SharePoint Document Library.||"sites/MySite/Shared Documents/"|
|You need to find all files within a SharePoint Site Collection.||collections: sites\/MySiteCollection\/*|
|You need to search a specific field that contains one word or another.||title:(contract OR paper)|
|You want to search a specific field containing an exact match.||from:"John Smith"|
|You want to perform a relevant search but you are unsure of the spelling.||title:grene~|
|You want to retrieve all objects within a date range.||receivedDate:[2019-01-15 TO 2019-01-28|
|You want to break down the search results with very specific criteria.||
financial AND document) OR (finansiell AND dokumentera) AND NOT "trouble"
To use x360Cloud's SmartSearch tool:
- In the Reseller Portal Organizations page, click the name of the organization you want to manage.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, click the Search tab. The Search page displays, giving you access to a search toolbar and filtering options.
- In the Search bar, click the Search icon to open the SmartSearch toolbar. You can then use the search bar or search filters to find your data. For example, you can:
- Filter by user or collection,
- Filter by object type (document, email, event, or contact),
- Filter by date range, or
- Filter by exact snapshot date.
- The page will refresh to show you filtered results.
- Click the title of the object you want to view. The page expands to display a right-hand browser window.
- In the right-hand browser window, you can view metadata about the object, including name, date, and folder location.
Optionally, click the View File button to preview the first 1000 characters of the file or email. If this is a file, you can also use the Version drop-down menu to view a previous version of the file, if available. You can also restore this object by clicking the Restore icon button in the Details section. Please reference the Restore or migrate backup objects section of this guide for more information.