Too many similar names for protected systems?
Many of our partners have reported difficulty distinguishing various managed client devices due to their internal naming conventions.
- Partners that prefer to name client devices based on function (without any client-specific component) often have many protected systems with similar or identical names.
Our protected system alias feature allows you the option of overriding the system hostname with a more user-friendly internal name, in order to make managing these devices easier.
How to assign a protected system alias
By default, the Alias field is blank.
To assign an alias to a protected system, follow these steps:
STEP 1. Log in to the backup server. (Use the appliance for regular endpoints or the vault for Direct-to-Cloud endpoints)
STEP 2. Navigate to the Protected System Details page.
Within the Protected System Information section, click the Edit button:
STEP 3. Enter a friendly name in the Protected System Alias dialog.
On the Protected Systems page, you should now see (a) the alias names (if configured) and (b) the system host names.
- The alias name replaces the system host name when viewing the system in x360Recover Manager or x360Recovery Center.
- Protected system alias values are shown on both the Jobs page and on the Report page.
- Aliases can be sorted or searched.
- Use of the protected system alias values is purely optional.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance