The components of x360Recover BDR are:
x360Recover is an agent-based backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Agent software must be installed on each system to be protected.
- Backups of protected systems are image-based.
- You will deploy the agent software on systems to be protected.
- Windows workstations and servers are supported platforms.
- You can install, and uninstall agent software without the need to reboot your target device, reducing the impact to the customer’s environment.
The term appliance within x360Recover refers to the hardware deployed to the customer site. The appliance is where backup data will reside, and where virtualization for instant recovery will be performed.
x360Recover is based on a hardened-Linux based software appliance that may
- be deployed using your own hardware, or
- be delivered optionally pre-configured
The appliance is the core customer-facing component of the solution. Appliances are either server or workstation-class devices, running a hardened Linux distribution, deployed at the customer site on either an Axcient x360Recover BDR unit or on a build-your-device (BYOD) which you provide.
- The appliance device
- holds the backup data received from installed agents,
- manages replication to off-site vaults,
- provides the Web Management interface for the local site, and
- hosts the virtual machine environment for disaster recovery.
The vault is the data center component of x360Recover that receives incoming protected system data being replicated from your customer’s sites.
Vaults are designed to be multi-tenant, and provide all the same recovery options in the cloud that the appliance provides to the customer on-site.
- Vaults are server-class devices running a hardened Linux distribution.
- Vaults receive incoming replication of recovery points sent over the internet from appliances deployed at one or more customer locations.
- Vaults are typically deployed in your data center or in a data center provided by Axcient in the Axcient Storage Cloud.
You may choose to deploy a vault at a remote customer location to provide the customer with a managed private cloud backup and disaster recovery solution.
- Vaults are designed to be multi-tenant, and securely house protected system data from multiple customers and locations.
- Vaults can provide all the same restore and disaster recovery options as an appliance, including hosting servers or workstations using an integrated Hypervisor.*
- Vaults can be deployed on an Axcient x360Recover BDR Appliance or on your Build-Your-Own hardware.
- The vault device
- holds multiple customer’s protected system backup data
- receives backup data over the Internet from customer appliances
- provides the Web Management interface for Cloud recovery
- hosts the virtual machine environment for disaster recovery
* Virtualization on the vault is not supported in the Axcient Storage Cloud. Disaster Recovery in the Axcient Storage Cloud utilizes dedicated compute nodes running Microsoft Hyper-V provided by the Axcient Continuity Cloud.
The x360Recover Management Portal (MP) provides centralized administration of all of your deployed appliances and vaults, using a single-pane-of-glass view for all protected systems.
Typically, you will deploy only one MP, connecting all appliances and vaults to it.
Partners who choose to replicate to the Axcient Cloud receive a MP virtual machine in the cloud free of charge.
- provides a central management repository, allowing secure remote access, and reporting statistics for all connected x360Recover appliances and vaults, and their protected systems.
- delivers a detailed overview of the health of local-backups and cloud-replication for all devices and supporting system statistics.
- performs a Health Check which provides a global overview of all protected systems in one single pane.
- provides Trouble Check which allows you to view any active issues associated with vaults, appliances, or protected systems in a single dashboard.
- provides detailed reports on active issues for investigation and root-cause analysis.
- Storage Management provides a graphical representation of historical storage utilization.
Important note: In 2023, we announced the end of life for the legacy License Portal for x360Recover (formerly Replibit). x360Recover licensing tools are now available here:
The x360Recover Licensing Portal (formerly Replibit)
In 2023, we announced the end of life for the legacy License Portal for x360Recover (formerly Replibit).
- We consolidated all 360Recover licensing tools into our x360Portal, and added capabilities within x360Recover Manager, including new ways to manage client accounts, users, and passwords.
What are the prerequisites to use the new licensing tools in x360Recover Manager?
- Your vault must be v10.16.0 or higher
- You must have access to an x360Portal login
- You'll need administrator permissions in x360Recover Manager
Please note: If your vault/appliance is not on v10.16.0 or higher, your agents will not be able to contact the new licensing module. (This will result in backups failing.)
How will I be impacted?
- After the legacy license portal has been shut down on October 24, 2023, whenever you browse to the old site at https://licensing.replibit.com/, you'll be redirected to the x360Portal at https://partner.axcient.com/
- The redirect will be in place for a period of time. (Eventually the redirect will cease.)
- Going forward, you'll maintain your x360Recover licensing within x360Recover Manager (RMC) — which is accessible via the x360 Portal
How do I get help with these new licensing tools?
- Review the knowledgebase articles before contacting Support.
- If you've read the new knowledgebase articles and are still experiencing issues, schedule free, live, one-on-one training time.
- Open a ticket with Support if you have additional issues.
Curious about the new tools coming in x360Recover Manager?
Here are some details to get you started:
- Manage licenses in x360Recover Manager
- Manage client accounts in x360Recover Manager
- Manage users and passwords in x360Recover Manager
Review the webinar: EOL for x360Recover Legacy License Portal [26 min]
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.
862 | 1496