x360Sync allows administrators and end users to back up personal files and folders that exist on registered Windows and Mac machines.
What File Types Can I Back Up?
The Backups feature is designed to back up and restore important personal files, including Microsoft Office content, pictures, PDFs, and so forth. These files are typically stored in a user directory or a home folder.
Windows Directory: C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\MyFiles
Mac Directory: /Users/<user>/Desktop/MyFiles
Which file types should I avoid backing up?
The Backups feature is not designed to back up or restore entire operating systems or applications; backing up directories that contain application folders, system files, or temporary files will unnecessarily cause high CPU usage, and could affect the syncing process.
Windows Directory: C:\Program Files or C:\Documents and Settings
Mac Directory: /Users/<user>/Library
How do I monitor the backup process on a user's machine?
Because local desktop clients handle both the sync and backup process, you can monitor and troubleshoot backup issues the same way you monitor sync issues. For example:
- Monitor the sync and backup process from the Machines tab in the administrative web portal
- Troubleshoot sync and backup issues using the Windows Event Viewer
- Use reports and advanced filtering to monitor machine health
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.