Issue: BOOTLDR is Missing error on BootVM Check or Live Virtualization
First, ensure that the BCD record or SRP Partition is located on the C: drive volume, and not some other volume or partition.
1. Boot from the appropriate Windows operating installation CD
2. Click Next at the first window, then select Repair Computer
3. Select Use Recovery Tools that can help fix problems starting Windows
a. If the operating system is listed in the selection box, skip to Phase 2, otherwise if it is blank perform the following
b. Ensure that Use Recovery Tools is selected and click next
c. Select Command Prompt
d. Run: CD \Boot
e. Run: Move BCD BCD.bak
f. Run: bootrec /fixboot
g. Run: bootrec /rebuildbcd (Enter 'Y' when prompted to add discovered Windows installation)
h. Reboot the system and boot from the Operating System install media a second time, start at the top of this article again and proceed to Option 2
If the installed operating system is detected correctly, follow these steps
1. Select the detected Operating system and click next.
2. Select Command Prompt and run the following commands
3. Complete the wizard. When finished the system should reboot normally.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.