What is a backup agent?
For complete details on x360Recover agents, please review Understanding Agents in the x360Recover Essential User Guide
Note: All x360Recover protected systems require a backup agent.
The agent is software installed on a protected system which performs the backup and sends the backup data to the local appliance.
- The agent software must be installed on each system to be protected.
- After an appliance is deployed at a customer location, you can begin to download and install the agent software on protected systems.
- Backups of protected systems are image-based.
- The agent can be installed on a Windows workstation or server.
- You can install and uninstall agent software without the need to reboot the target device, reducing the impact to the customer environment.