By default, OneDrive keeps files on the cloud and downloads them to a protected system, temporarily, for editing.
However, while OneDrive files will be backed up when using OneDrive's default setting,
- Default OneDrive files will not be visible in the appliance
- Default OneDrive files will not be visible in the cloud vault file browser
Note: By default, OneDrive is configured to use 'Files On-Demand' mode.
In "Files On-Demand" mode, files are not stored locally and only recently-accessed files are cached within OneDrive locally. These locally cached files are not visible via File Browser or FTP since they do not physically exist on a protected system volume in Files On-Demand mode.
See below for instructions for disabling Files On-Demand mode if you wish to protect OneDrive files locally.
Fortunately, there is a OneDrive setting which allows OneDrive files to be synced and saved locally.
When you use this setting, files will be visible in four ways:
- in the appliance
- in the cloud vault file browser
- using iSCSI and
- using Virtual Office
How to configure OneDrive to save files locally
To set OneDrive to save files to the protected system locally:
1. Right click on the OneDrive icon in the task bar.
2. Click the cog in the upper right.
3. Click Settings.
4. Open the Settings tab.
5. Under Files On-Demand, un-check the box for Save Space and download files as you use them.
6. Click OK.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance