Axcient x360Recover Licensing Model
There are two distinct types of licenses available for use within x360Recover:
- Endpoint licensing, and
- Storage licensing.
Each type of license is described in more detail on the next
All Axcient x360Recover licensing is based on a monthly recurring Per-Device or Per-Storage-Size
Licensing charges for storage licensing are prorated, and billed based on the date they are assigned or removed.
Licensing charges for endpoint licensing are NOT prorated, and are billed based on the number of server and workstation licenses assigned (whether they are in use or not) to all customers on the last day of the month. For example, a server license assigned on the 23rd of the month will incur billing for the entire month for that endpoint.
Note for Legacy partners: Legacy partner licensing charges are prorated from date of purchase or return. All charges are calculated based on total license count PURCHASED, regardless of whether it is assigned to a customer. To avoid charges for licenses not in use, return unused licenses by:
- Clicking on User Management,
- Select Reduce
- Each endpoint license provides the right to back up a single workstation or server, referred to as a protected system.
- Endpoint licenses come in two classes: workstation, and server.
- Endpoint licenses are assigned to a location, and are consumed automatically by the appliance when an agent is installed on a protected system.
- Workstation operating systems, like Windows 10 require a workstation license, and server operating systems, like Windows Server 2012 require a server license.
- All endpoint licenses, workstation or server, include the right to replicate to an unlimited
number of off-site vaults.
- Endpoint licenses come bundled with a cloud storage allotment in the Axcient Cloud. Each server license includes 2TB. Each workstation license include 200GB. Cloud storage allotment is pooled at the partner level. The total pool size is available across all customers and devices, allocated any way you wish.
- Endpoints protected systems) that are NOT replicated to an Axcient Cloud vault are considered Local-Only. Local-Only licenses are billed at a reduced rate and do not include cloud storage.
Note for Legacy partners: All new endpoint licenses purchased through the portal will be bundled licensing with replication. Existing server-only and workstation-only licensing will continue to function as they do today, and will be billed at the existing rates.
- Storage licenses provide the right to back up an unlimited number of protected systems to a single backup appliance, up to the storage limit.
- Available storage sizes are: .5TB,1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 9TB, 12TB, 15TB, 18TB, 24TB,
30TB, and 36TB.
- In addition, each storage license comes bundled with unlimited cloud storage in the Axciet data center, with a fixed retention period.
- Cloud retention options are 3 years or 10 years.
- For example, when purchasing storage-based licensing for an appliance, you might elect for 1TB of local storage with 3 years of retention in the cloud, or 2TB of local storage with 10 years retention in the cloud, etc.
- Storage licensing may be assigned to both Axcient branded BDR appliances, and Build- Your-Own appliances.
Endpoint or Storage Licensing?
One of the most frequent questions on licensing is: Which licensing model is better?
The answer depends upon the number and size of devices that you want to license.
With Axcient x360Recover , you are free to combine both licensing models in any way you choose to best meet your needs.
Additionally, you can choose to change licensing models at a later point in time. You will have the ability to simply remove the current licenses, and reapply the license you would like to assign.
- Endpoint licensing is best suited for customer locations that have fewer protected systems with larger storage
- Storage Licensing is best suited for customer locations that have many protected systems with smaller storage