What does Microsoft Azure involve?
Microsoft offers a cloud program which provides Microsoft 365, Azure virtual machines, and associated cloud storage for production workloads.
How is client data protected in Microsoft Azure?
Similar to Microsoft 365, Microsoft has uptime SLAs surrounding its Azure services - but not for the actual data stored within them.
- That means MSPs are responsible for protecting client applications, endpoints, and data running within Azure.
It can be tempting to use another native Microsoft service to back up Azure cloud environments - but with native Azure backup service, your backups and the production infrastructure live in Azure. In the event of an Azure outage, it’s possible that both the production infrastructure and your backups will be unavailable.
Additionally, file restores from native Azure backups are more complicated and require extra services for disaster recovery and testing. It’s not an all-in-one solution, so you need Azure Backup for backups and Azure Site Recovery for business continuity. Not only does this add complexity to your stack, but it increases management resources and overall costs.
How does Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) for Microsoft Azure help?
x360Recover has always natively supported Azure VM backups and can fully virtualize Azure backups using Virtual Office and Runbooks, with virtual disk format for failback.
- In 2020, we introduced Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) which allows you to skip the local appliance and send data straight to the cloud.
Now, we’re extending the features of Direct-to-Cloud (D2C) to include full virtualization and VM export for immediate failback of Azure VMs. This means D2C fully supports Windows servers and desktops running as VMs in the Microsoft Azure public cloud.
D2C for Azure features available now:
D2C for Azure features releasing 2023:
Curious about how we compare to The Other Guys?
Read the full comparison details at our blog post:
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance