What is Virtual Office (VO) automatic cleanup?
In Axcient Virtual Office 4.13, a new maintenance process automatically removes idle virtual office instances after 30 days of inactivity.
Why is VO automatic cleanup necessary?
When a new virtual office is created, resources are used within the Axcient data center (including memory, CPU resources consumed by the instance, and one or more public IP addresses.) All of these resources are used for the new virtual office - whether or not there any virtual machines actively running within that virtual office.
To limit the impact of idle virtual office instances on data center resources, idle virtual office instances are shut down and deleted after 30 days of inactivity.
When is a virtual office considered "idle"?
- Virtual office instances with no running virtual machines are considered idle.
Starting any virtual machine within an idle virtual office instance will reset the timer for that virtual office to zero. The 30-day countdown will then begin again for that virtual office - once all virtual machines in that virtual office are again inactive/stopped.
When is an idle virtual office shut down and deleted?
- After 30 days of inactivity, idle virtual offices are automatically shut down and deleted
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.