In addition to manually creating individual user accounts, you can also bulk-import users using Active Directory or a CSV file (comma-separated values).
When you use a CSV file, each user account represents one line of the file, and each line contains metadata for one specific user account. You must format each line correctly so that the system can identify the metadata values. The format of each line must be: First Name, Last Name, Email, Quota in gigabytes (0 represents unlimited).
For example, you might start with an Excel file filled with user accounts, and then save the file in CSV format.
Alternatively, you can start with a text file and save your file in CSV format. Make sure each value is separated by a comma.
The first line of your file can serve as the header row, but you must indicate this by clicking the CSV Has a Header Row checkbox when you upload your file.
To import user accounts from a CSV file:
- Ensure the CSV file has been saved in one of the following formats:
- CSV (MS-DOS)
- CSV (comma delimited)
- In the Organization navigation menu, select the organization in which you want to create the new user accounts. The selected organization displays.
- Click the Accounts tab. The Accounts page displays.
- In the Accounts page, click the Import CSV button. The Create Multiple Accounts page displays.
- In the Create Multiple Accounts page, upload your CSV file into the system.
- Click the Choose File button, and select the CSV file from your local machine.
- Select the CSV Has a Header checkbox if the first line of your file includes header information (formatted as First Name, Last Name, Email, Quota).
- Select the Send Welcome Email checkbox to send a welcome email to each newly created user account.
- Click the Expire Password After drop-down menu to determine whether or not the newly generated passwords will expire after a certain time period. You can choose from Never (default), 6 hours, 12 hours, or 24 hours.
- In the Add to Team Shares box, select the Team Shares to which the user should be given access, if any.
- In the Add to Groups box, select the Groups to which you would like to add the users, if any.
- Click the Upload button when you are finished.
- When the CSV file finishes uploading, the Create Multiple Accounts page will refresh, displaying a list of imported accounts. Use this list to confirm that all of your accounts uploaded successfully. An account marked with an Email address already in use message indicates that the email address currently exists in the system. Duplicate accounts will not be imported and the existing record will not be updated.
- To clear this form and re-upload a new CSV file, click the Reset Form button.