x360Recover Agent Release Information
Targeted release starting July 27 2021
x360Recover Agent 2.29 is a feature release.
The primary focus of this release is to provide support for the backup policies throttling feature introduced in x360Recxover 10.8.0 release.
Summary of enhancements
- Supports throttling policies [For details, see Create a policy-based backup schedule]
- Automatically excludes local cache volume from backup by default
- iSCSI volumes mounted from an appliance are automatically excluded from the backup
- Volumes mounted via Recovery Center are automatically excluded from the backup
Summary of bug fixes
- Custom service logon account is no longer overwritten on agent update
- Fixed issue with agent sending unwanted metadata for excluded volumes
- Fixed case where agent might crash if connection with server is lost
- Fixed handling of invalid regex expressions in aristos_ignore.cfg
- Fixed issue with a backup unable to continue if the local cache path is not available
- Fixed issue with incorrect URL sent in local cache protected system metadat
Backup policy agent throttling
With agent 2.29+ , you can access advanced backup policy schedule controls, to manage agent bandwidth settings using business hours logic.
For complete details on how to create a new policy-based backup schedule and assign it to your protected systems, refer to Create a policy-based backup schedule.
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance