Service plans are bundles of features and policies that customers can opt-into through a registration form. When a customer submits a registration form, organizations are automatically created with a trial account based on service plan settings and information collected from the form.
Service plans allow you to
- Invite customers and prospects to sign up for a trial of your system,
- Create tiered offerings, and
- Enable and disable features and functionality for individual organizations.
Service Plans can be enabled for organizations and suborganizations. After an organization has been created through a service plan, you can optionally make custom changes to the organization in the Policies tab in the administrative web portal.
If you edit service plan settings after organizations have been created through the registration form, the existing organizations will not reflect these updated settings. Organizations are not connected to service plan settings after they have been created.
To create service plans:
- In the dashboard ribbon, click the Service Plans link. The Service Plans and Customers page display, showing a list of existing subscriptions, if any.
- In the Service Plans and Customers page, click the Add Plan button to add a new service plan. The Plans page displays.
- In the Plans page, enter general settings for the new service plan, including:
- In the Organization drop-down menu, select the name of the higher-level organization that will act as the parent organization to any new organizations created from the service plan.
- In the Plan Name field, enter a title for the service plan.
- In the Plan Code or SKU field, enter an abbreviation or accounting code to represent the service plan.
- In the Notify Email field, enter an email address that should be notified when a new registration form is submitted.
- In the Trial Length in Days field, enter the length of the trial period, in days.
- In the Monthly Cost field, enter the cost per month of the service plan.
- In the Currency Sign field, enter a currency symbol (for example, $).
- In the Min Number of Users field, enter the minimum number of user accounts allowed by the service plan.
- In the Max Number of Users field, enter a user limit that will be allowed for the organization. Enter 0 for an unlimited number of user accounts.
- In the Max Number of Suborganizations field, set the maximum number of child organizations allowed under the higher-level organization. Alternatively, enter -1 to disable the creation of suborganizations, or enter 0 to allow an unlimited number of suborganizations.
- In the Space Quota field, enter the space that will be allotted to organizations created under the service plan. This number can exceed the disk space that is currently available; however, you will be warned when an organization reaches capacity.
- In the Max File Size field, set the maximum size of individual files that can be uploaded into the system through desktop clients. By default, this is set to 300MB.
- Select the Backup Creation checkbox to allow the creation of backups.
- Select the Enable Branding checkbox to allow custom styles and logos.
- Select the WebDAV Support checkbox to support WebDAV connections, which is another way for end users to view and edit files—both personal and through Team Shares—located in the cloud. WebDAV is useful when you do not want local copies of large files being stored on external machines. For more information, please reference the End User Guide.
- Select the File Server Enablement checkbox to allow machines to be cloud-enabled. With File Server Enablement, you can keep the existing file structure on the server while allowing remote access to files and folders.
- Select the Active checkbox to indicate that the service plan is currently available for use.