The x360Recover Management Portal provides a central server that delivers secure remote access to all managed devices (appliances and vaults) as well as an overview of all managed and protected systems. Data is collected from all devices to provide consolidated reporting on license usage, device status, and protected system backups.
The Dashboard provides a simple count of managed and protected systems, organized by type.
The Managed Systems page displays details of all connected appliances and vaults.
Click any column header to sort that field. Click that column header again to reverse the sort order.
Use the Managed Systems page to view the following information:
- The System ID field displays the unique ID assigned to the device to help support connect via Remote Assist. Provide this ID when opening a ticket with the support team.
- The Version field displays the software version of x360Recover installed on the specified device. You should periodically verify that all devices have been updated to the latest software.
- Stats Time reports the most recent time that the managed device checked in with the Management Portal and updated its statistics. You should periodically verify that the Stats Time is current for all devices, indicating that they are online and have reported in recently.
- Licenses reports license usage for each managed system. You may verify endpoint license assignments and remaining storage limits.
On the right side of each device is a series of Action buttons:
The Action buttons provide the following abilities:
Remote: Terminal: History: Systems: Delete:
- Click Remote to access the web Interface of the managed device over a secure SSH tunnel.
- Click Terminal to access the shell console of the managed device over a secure SSH tunnel.
- Click History to view historical license usage by the device over time.
- Click Systems to view the ProtectedSystems page filtered for systems managed by this device.
- Click Delete to delete this object from the Management Portal.
NOTES on deleting:
- When deleting, if the device is currently connected, the Management Portal settings will be cleared from the Settings page on the selected device.
- Deleting a managed system will also delete all of the protected systems and metadata associated with that system from the Management Portal database.
- If you do not have a means to connect directly to the Managed Device Web Interface, you will no longer have access to the managed system after deleting it from the Management Portal.
The Backup Status page provides a detailed list of protected systems residing on all managed devices. Details include identity, IP, appliance, local storage utilization, agent status, and last backup time.
In the Actions column (on the far right side of the display), you can:
NOTE: Protected systems that still exist on the managed device will be recreated within the Management Portal.
The Replication Status page provides a detailed list of protected systems being replicated to an off-site vault.
Details include identity, IP, vault, off-site storage utilization, replication status, and last replication time.
In the Actions column you can:
- Click Delete to remove the system and delete its history.
Deleting a protected system from an appliance does not automatically remove it from the Management Portal.
The x360Recover reporting module provides three page views on the Management Portal:
- Trouble Report
- Health Report
- Storage Report
- The Health Report displays an overall status of all managed devices and protected systems, scored in red, green, or yellow to indicate status.
- The Trouble Report is identical to the Health Report, but filtered to contain only items with detected issues.
- The Storage Report provides a graphical presentation of storage usage by device and protected system over time.
Boot VM Report
This page provides a visual quick reference to the status of the latest Boot VM test for all protected systems managed by the Management Portal.
If Boot VM Check is not enabled for a system, the Screenshot (image) column will display N/A.
Identity and status information is provided for both appliance and vault Boot VM Check images to allow quick and easy verification that all protected systems are recoverable.
Similar to the vault, the Management Portal is designed to be multi-tenant. Unlike the vault however, the user accounts on the Management Portal are not synced to, or associated with, the Licensing Portal. User accounts on the Management Portal must be manually created and managed. Providing end-user access to the Management Portal for your customers is optional.
From the Users page, you can optionally create customer login accounts that will allow a customer to use the remote access and reporting features of the Management Portal for their protected systems and managed devices. When configuring the Management Portal settings on a managed device, you will need the username and API key from the Users page of the Management Portal in order to establish the connection.
The admin user has access to all managed systems connected to the portal.
Customer user accounts have access only to managed and protected systems registered with the management portal using their customer user account.
From the Settings page on the Management Portal you can:
Change the machine name (hostname)
Change the admin (Web UI) password
Set the Date and Time
Configure report delivery via email
Enable or disable automatic updates
Set network Settings
Enable or disable Remote Assist
Upload a custom logo image
Shutdown or reboot
For more information on settings, please reference the Managing x360Recover Settings article.
From the Policy Settings page, you can specify default ConnectWise credentials and ticketing settings. These settings can be inherited by managed appliances and vaults to simplify ConnectWise configuration. Learn more here: Manage ConnectWise Settings from the GMP
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.