Purchasing from third party vendors
The Axcient ordering portal no longer offers SSD drives for replacement or storage pool upgrades of x360Recover BDR units. These devices are no longer available from our hardware provider.
If you need to replace failed drives out of warranty or add new drives to an existing unit to expand the storage pool, you can now purchase appropriate SSD drives from third party vendors with some constraints.
Preconfiguring the third party drive
IMPORTANT: Before you add any third party SSD drive into your storage pool, either as a replacement for a failed drive, or as a storage pool expansion, you must first contact Axcient support and request assistance in pre-configuring the SSD drive for use with Axcient BDR hardware.
Failure to preconfigure third party SSD drives may lead to shortened life expectancy of the SSD drives and a higher risk of drive failure and data loss. The Axcient support team is happy to assist you with properly configuring the drives and adding them to your storage pool.
To ensure compatibility, interoperability, and data integrity when using self-purchased SSD drives, the following steps should be taken when replacing or adding such drives to your BDR unit:
- Axcient BDR systems use specially configured Micron brand SSD drives. Currently, the Micron 1300 series drives are supported by Axcient for all BDR models. When purchasing drives from third party sources, ensure that you specify a Micron 1300 series model in 500GB or 1TB, matching the drive size to the existing drives in your unit.
- For replacement purposes, you may purchase single drives to match your replacement needs.
- When adding drives to expand an existing storage pool in a Rack or Pro unit, you must add drives in sets of four (4) at a time. Note: We highly recommend using the same size drive in all expansion sets. This is to prevent any single storage segment from experiencing excessive IO utilization, which may shorten drive life expectancy.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.