Attaching your x360Recover BDR device to an UPS (uninterruptable power supply) is always a best practice to prevent brief power outages from affecting your backup and disaster recovery operations. Servers and core networking components are typically protected by UPS systems in a business environment, and your backup appliances should be as well.
Most UPS systems provide some means of management and monitoring so that attached devices can be alerted to the status of utility power. In the event of an extended power outage, managed devices can be signaled to perform an orderly shutdown prior to the UPS running out of battery power.
x360Recover does not include any native UPS management and monitoring software, but manual installation and configuration of UPS management tools is supported.
x360Recover runs on Ubuntu Linux, which is supported by these open source projects for power monitoring:
- If your x360Recover device is connected to an APC brand UPS, the open source project APCUPSD provides support for virtually all APC devices with management capability. APCUPSD supports monitoring via direct serial or USB cable attachment as well as network attached devices.
- APCUPSD can be found here: http://www.apcupsd.org/
- If your x360Recover device is connected to another brand of UPS device, the open source project NUT (Network UPS Tools) will likely support it. NUT supports devices from many manufacturers, (including APC) attached via direct serial or USB cables, or via network.
- NUT can be found here: https://networkupstools.org/
Installation and configuration of APCUPSD or NUT is beyond the scope of Axcient support.
For detailed instructions on installing and configuring these packages for your specific UPS hardware and cabling configuration, refer to the project specific documentation for APCUPSD or NUT.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance