Whether you ordered an Axcient-branded BDR Aapliance or decided to use your own hardware, the next step is to connect and configure the appliance for use. You will deploy an appliance at each customer location to hold the backup data received from installed agents, manage replication to the Cloud vault, provide the Web interface for the local site, and host the virtual machine environment.
Role of the BDR appliance
The appliance is the core customer-facing component. You deploy an appliance at the customer site to:
- Hold the backup data received from installed agents,
- Manage replication to off-site Vvults,
- Provide the Web interface for the local site, and
- Host the virtual machine environment for local Disaster Recovery.
Turn on an Axcient BDR appliance
If you are using your own appliance hardware, plug in your appliance and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
If you ordered an Axcient BDR appliance, follow the instructions below to plug in and power on your BDR Appliance.
- Open the shipping case and remove the appliance, the power cord, and the Ethernet connection cable.
- Connect the power cable to the back of the appliance and plug it into a power source.
Connect one end of your network cable to the back of the appliance and the other end to your network connection.
Optionally, you can connect a keyboard and a monitor to the appliance so that you can read and record the IP address from the Login screen after powering on your device.
- Press the Power button to turn on your appliance (as an example, the Mini BDR appliance is pictured here).