Disclaimer: This is dangerous as it might cause a corrupt file system.
This KB should be used with Axcient's Tech Support guidance.
1. Reboot the system and wait for the Grub boot menu to appear. Press the <Down> and then <Up> cursor keys to interrupt the automatic boot countdown.
2. Hit E on the top line.
3. Scroll down to the line that starts with "linux /boot" and go to the end of that line and add "init=/bin/bash" without the quotes
4. Hit F10 to boot
5. When you arrive at the command prompt, type
mount -o remount,rw /
6. Enter your new root password twice
mount -o remount,ro /
7. At this point, you can try 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' but if those fail, the power button is the only option. After the system comes back log in as root and:
initctl start asyncreboot
8. The system will reboot again and after that everything should start properly.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.