The x360Recover provisioning wizard forces a change of passwords during the initial configuration and setup. You should always use highly secure passwords when configuring a x360Recover device. If your device was deployed prior to x360Recover version 2016.11.03, or if you wish to manually change the passwords on the device, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the web interface using any browser.
2. Select the Settings menu pane.
3. Select Change Password.
4. Enter current password and then enter the new password in each box.
5. Click Apply.
1. Log in to the Console using the x360Recover user account.
2. Run changepasswd.
3. Enter the new password for the x360Recover user.
4. Enter the new password one more time.
1. Contact Axcient x360Recover Support for assistance logging in as root.
2. Run passwd.
3. Enter the new password for the Root user.
Note: Deploying devices with weak passwords is a serious security risk for both you and your customers. It is always best practice to deploy x360Recover devices behind a hardware firewall.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.