The Global Management Portal (GMP) allows you to schedule recurring reports so that you can stay informed of important events that occur in the system. You can customize report delivery from within the GMP and select from a variety of administrative and customer-facing report types. You can choose to have these reports delivered to any email recipient(s) you define on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
Additionally, you can turn on Central Alerting so that you are notified when devices are down. A single ticket is generated for each unique alert and is updated periodically if it has not been resolved. You can also use this feature in conjunction with the ConnectWise PSA platform. For more information, please review the Integrating with ConnectWise section of this guide.
For example, with Central Alerting, you can track the following alerts:
- Appliance offline
- Vault offline
- Version out of date on device
- No recent backup of Protected System*
- No recent replication of Protected Systems to the Cloud
If you receive a report that highlights an issue, please reference the Troubleshooting Guide for support.
To schedule reports and enable ticketing:
- In the GMP, click the Settings tab. The Settings page displays, showing all available GMP configuration options.
- Click to expand the Reporting Settings section. The Reporting Settings section displays, allowing you to turn on and configure reports.
- Click the Email Delivery checkbox to enable email.
- Enter information about the email server, including:
- The From Email address,
- The username and password of a valid email account on the email server, and
- The hostname and port of the server.
- Optionally, click the Ticketing checkbox to enable Central Alerting. This feature will alert you when devices are down.
- Enter information about your mail server, including:
- The POP3 server,
- The POP3 port, and
- The To Email address.
- Click the Save button to save your settings.
- After you configure the email server, you can select reports for delivery:
- Click the Add button.
- In the Report Name drop-down field, select the type of report you want delivered.
- In the Frequency drop-down menu, select how often this report should be delivered.
- In the Hour field, enter the time of day you want this report delivered.
- If this is a Customer-specific report, use the Customer drop-down menu to select the name and email address of the Customer after you enter the required information in the Recipients field. Information displayed in this report will then be filtered for this Customer.
- In the Recipients field, configure recipients who should receive this report.
- Optionally, click the Add button to add additional recipients.
- Click the Submit button to save your settings. The Report Engine will process reporting schedules every 10 minutes. If a delivery window was missed (for example, if the GMP was offline), any pending reports will be delivered in the next available 10-minute window. You can edit your settings at any time.