Impacted Axcient Products:
- Axcient x360Recover
- BDR for Veeam
- Backup for Files
- BDR for Shadow Protect
Backups fail to complete with errors due to failure to create VSS snapshots.
- Event ID 8229 is recorded in the Application Log with error 0x800423f4
A recent update to the Microsoft Azure AD Connect Agent can cause the Microsoft SQL VSS Writer to be left in a broken state. This will prevent any VSS-aware backup solution from completing a successful backup.
There are several fixes for the 0x800423f4 error, but the easiest fix is to repair the LocalDB SQL instance which is provided below.
If you have experienced this error, please follow the steps below to resolve:
- Go to, “Add/Remove Programs”
- Select, “Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB”
- Select, “Repair”
- Once the repair is completed, please reboot the impacted server.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.