The lsn.bin files are copies of Windows system dll files that are required for Windows to boot. Many software manufacturers do not follow proper procedure when modifying these files.
- Proper procedure example: An antivirus program makes changes to these files and changes the modification date. x360Recover will pick up the changes in our backup of the dll’s.
- Improper procedure example: An antivirus program makes changes to these files and does a “$ insert” into the dll file and DOES NOT change the modification date. We do not pick up these changes in the backup.
The result is that in the “$ insert” example, the virtualized machine has a dll mismatch on boot and may produce a blue screen.
Deleting the *lsn.bin files tells our backup agent to take new backups of the required Windows boot dll files in the next incremental job.
Steps to remove the *lsn.bin files from the protected system being backed up:
1. Stop Replibit service (found in services.msc on the protected system)
2. Delete *lsn.bin files in x360Recover folder (i.e. /Program Files(x86)/Replibit)
3. Start the Replibit service
4. On the appliance, select the Schedule Now button for the protected system. This will start a new incremental backup.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for free one-on-one training.
- Please contact your Partner Success Manager or Support if you have specific technical questions.
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance.