October 7, 2020
Fix issues reported by users
Authenticating via OAuth tokens
In x360Cloud version 2.6.0, we introduced a new version of the Microsoft 365 connectors which authenticate to Microsoft 365 via OAuth tokens, instead of using the former basic authorization via Microsoft 365 Global Admin credentials.
As of October 14, 2020, x360Cloud no longer supports basic authentication.
This is consistent with Microsoft’s announcement and best practices (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/announcements/exchange-online-basic-auth-deprecated ).
This requires users to grant permissions to the x360Cloud Azure application per Microsoft 365 provider.
- If you haven’t done this before, please follow the steps described in How to grant new permissions required in v.2.6.0 in order to assure continuous backup process.
- For Classic users, please follow these instructions: [CLASSIC] x360Cloud- How to grant new permissions required in v.2.6.0 in order to assure continuous backup process.
Smart Search filters
Previously, Filter by user and Filter by collection Smart Search filters worked independently from other higher level filters (such as Filter by provider and Filter by type.) This made it difficult to see how applying later filters affected available options.
In x360Cloud v2.31.0, we have built this dependency into the Filter by user and Filter by collection filters.
Now, you can easily see how applying the Filter by provider and Filter by type filter affects the available options in Filter by user and Filter by collection and watch how search results are narrowed down.
- Fixes for customer escalations and markup issues
- Fix for failing object restore when target folder name contains space
- Filter by user still displays a partial number of matching objects in the counter after filters are cleared.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248