x360Recover Release Information
|Targeted release starting October 23 2023
x360Recover 12.4.0 is a maintenance release.
The focus of this release is to deliver a better user experience, including requested feature enhancements and bug elimination.
- Added backend services to support a future macOS agent
- Refactored all alerts for email and ConnectWise to provide consistent content and messaging
- Unified the Virtual Office P2V virtualization layer with appliance/vault for better virtualization support
- Enabled searching and sorting all jobs tables by protected system alias names
- Added the FTP server URL on the Network Sharing page for better visibility
- Enhanced the Virtual Disk Export feature to allow the use of Smart Recovery
- Depreciated all TLS 1.1 and weak SSL cyphers
- Fully refactored vault replication to consistently catch error exceptions, perform retries and enhance replication reliability
- Multiple security enhancements eliminated old package versions
- Fixed the progress display when importing seed images on the vault
- Fixed a boot issue when the Windows volume is on the MBR disk and the boot volume is on the GPT disk
- Added a warning message to the user interface when License Manager sync is failed
- Added display of Local Cache status for Linux systems
- Fixed a bug where telemetry is not sent when the protected system architecture contains a float value
- Fixed a bug with License Portal synchronization
- Fixed an edge case bug with replication ingestion of snapshots
- Optimized the collection of data being sent to telemetry when hundreds of protected systems are present
Auto Update Best Practices
We recommend that you activate Enable Auto Update on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
These choices will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.