x360Recover Agent Release Information
Targeted release starting March 10 2022
x360Recover Agent 2.32 is a feature release. The primary focus of this release is to improve local cache verification testing. This will include self-healing and reporting to the appliance.
- Local cache verification enhancements
- Agent orchestration enhancements
- Bug fixes
Summary of enhancements
- Asynchronous background for local cache verification
- In agent orchestration, added agent-side support for managing local cache verification and trimming
- Agent-side support added for performing agent uninstall in agent orchestration
Summary of bug fixes
- Improved the retriable login of non-existent files in local cache verification
- Fixed bug with detecting business hours when throttling is disabled on the schedule
- Improved handling of interruptions to local cache during backups
- Fixed edge case which might cause inconsistent backups of certain open system files
- Fixed handling of non-ASCII characters in volume labels
Local cache verification now runs in the background
- Agent 2.32 and newer now perform local cache verification asynchronously in the background. With this release, local cache verification no longer blocks scheduled backups. (Local cache verification will be interrupted and resumed after backups complete.) Local cache verification now runs as a background task with lowest priority and should have no impact on system performance.
What does local cache verification do?
The health status of x360Recover local cache is now visible in the user interface and the process of local cache verification performs automated self-healing for any missing data. If missing blocks are found (e.g. data on the protected system hard drive that is not already in the local cache), a bitmap of missing blocks is created and saved. The x360Recover agent will process the bitmap during the next backup cycle. Any missing blocks will be populated to the local cache repository to ‘self-heal’ the missing data.
For more details, please see Local cache verification for D2C
- Agent 2.32 implements background support for future enhancements to agent orchestration. The ability to remotely install agents will be added to the endpoint manager, as well as settings management for local cache verification and trimming. A future release of x360Recover will expose these features in the UI and enable access to this functionality.
To learn more about agent orchestration, see Manage core settings with agent orchestration
Auto Update Best Practices|
We recommend that Enable Auto Update is enabled on the Settings -> Update Manager page on each of your x360Recover devices.
We also recommend that you enable Auto-Enable Remote Assist When Upgrading so that remote access will be available to our development team should something go wrong with your upgrade.
This will ensure that your x360Recover devices are updated with the latest software enhancements in a timely fashion, and that the x360Recover Support team will have a short window of time to access and repair any troublesome devices without requiring user intervention.
SUPPORT | 720-204-4500 | 800-352-0248
- Contact Axcient Support at https://partner.axcient.com/login or call 800-352-0248
- Free certification courses are available in the Axcient x360Portal under Training
- To learn more about any of our Axcient products, sign up for a free one-on-one training
- Subscribe to the Axcient Status page for a list of status updates and scheduled maintenance